Imam Taqi ud-Din `Abdul Ghani ibn Abdul Wahid Al-Maqdisi (d. 600 AH) mentioned the following:
A Word Regarding Talhah ibn `Ubaidullah
He is Abu Muhammad Talhah ibn `Ubaidullah ibn `Uthman ibn `Amr ibn Ka`b ibn Sa`d ibn Taym ibn Murrah ibn Ka`b ibn Lu’ay ibn Ghalib.
His lineage meets that of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him at the point of Murrah ibn Ka`b. His mother was As-Sa`bah bint Al-Hadrami, the sister of Al-`Ula’ ibn Al-Hadrami.
The name of Al-Hadrami was `Abdullah ibn `Ubbad ibn Akbar ibn `Awf ibn Malik ibn `Uwaif ibn Khazraj ibn Iyyad ibn As-Sidq. The mother of Talhah became Muslim and died upon that faith.
Talhah was one of the early Muslims and witnessed the Battle of Uhud and every other thing thereafter. He did not witness the Battle of Badr as he was away in Sham on business and trade. He was still given a portion of the war treasure from the battle by the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.
He had the following children:
1) Muhammad As-Sajjad. He was killed with his father.
2) `Imran. The mother of him and Muhammad As-Sajjad was Hamnah bint Jahsh.
3) Musa ibn Talhah. His mother was Khawlah bint Al-Qa`qa` ibn Ma`bad ibn Zurarah.
4) Ya`qub, 5) Isma`il, and 6) Ishaq. The mother of these sons was Umm Abban bint `Utbh ibn Rabi`ah.
7) Zakariyyah, 8) `A’ishah. Their mother had the name Umm Kulthum bint Abi Bakr As-Siddiq, may Allah be pleased with all of them.
9) `Isa and 10) Yahya. The mother of these two is Su`da bint `Awf from the Murrah tribe.
11) Umm Ishaq bint Talhah. Her mother is Umm Al-Harith bint Qusamah bint Hanzalah from the Tayy tribe.
Talhah ibn `Ubaidullah was said to have had some 11 children and some authorities have included two more children: `Uthman and Salih. These two names have not been definitely documented.
Talhah ibn `Ubaidullah was killed in the year 36 AH during the confusion occurring on the Day of the Camel and he was 62 years of age at the time.
 Mukhtasar Sirat ir-Rasul, pp. 205-227