Imam Taqi ud-Din `Abdul Ghani ibn `Abdul Wahid Al-Maqdisi (d. 600 AH), may Allah be pleased with him, mentioned the following:
A Word about `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf 
He is Abu Muhammad `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf ibn `Abdu `Awf ibn `Abdul Harith ibn Zahrah ibn Kilab. His lineage and that of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, meet at the point of Kilab ibn Murrah.
His mother was named As-Saffa’ and another authority mentioned Al-`Unaqa’ bint `Awf ibn `Abdul Harith ibn Zahrah and she had made the Hijrah. `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf became a Muslim early on and witnessed the Battle of Badr.
He also witnessed the other battles with the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and it is authentically narrated that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, prayed behind him in the Battle of Tabuk at the time of Fajr.
His children were the following:
1) Salim Al-Akbar. He died before the revelation.
2) Umm ul-Qasim. She was born in the Age of Ignorance.
3) Muhammad. He was the child that `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf took his kunyah from and he was born after the revelation began.
4) Ibrahim, 5) Humaid and 6) Isma`il. Their mother had the name Umm Kulthum bint `Uqbah ibn Abu Mu`ait ibn Abi `Amr ibn Umayyah ibn `Abdu Shams ibn `Abdu Manaf. She was an emigrant and also one of those who gave the oath of allegiance.
All of the children from `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf mentioned above were born from this woman and they narrated hadith.
Other children include:
7) `Urwah ibn `Abdur-Rahman. He was killed in Afriqah and his mother’s name was Nuhairah bint Hani’ ibn Qaisah ibn Mas`ud ibn Sha`ban.
8) Salim Al-Asghar. He was killed in Afriqah. His mother’s name was Sahlah bint Suhail ibn `Amr and he was the brother of Muhammad ibn Abi Hudhaifah ibn `Utbah.
9) `Abdullah Al-Akbar. He was killed in Afriqah. His mother was from the Banu `Abdil-Ash-hal.
10) Abu Bakr ibn `Abdur-Rahman, 11) Abu Salamah, the Faqih and he is known as `Abdullah Al-Asghar. His mother’s name was Tamadir bint Al-Asbagh from the Kalbi tribe. She was the first one from the Kalbi tribe to have married someone from the Quraish.
12) `Abdur-Rahman ibn `Abdur-Rahman and 13) Mus`ab ibn `Abdur-Rahman. He was in the police force of Marwan ibn Al-Hakam in Al-Madinah. He died in Al-Madinah as well.
`Abdur-Rahman ibn `Awf died in Al-Madinah at 72 years old and was buried in Al-Baqi` graveyard in the year 32 AH in the khilafah of `Uthman ibn `Affan and it was the third khalifah that also prayed upon him.
 Mukhtasar Sirat ir-Rasul, pp. 205-227